Death and taxes are certain in life, and with increasing wealth few of us plan sufficiently in advance to minimise our inheritance tax (IHT) liability.
We can help you to take advantage of timely and readily available tax planning opportunities in order to minimise your IHT bill.
When planning to transfer an estate, it is important that adequate provision is made for the individual and getting the right balance requires considerable skill and foresight - along with a detailed knowledge of current tax legislation. We provide a discreet, comprehensive estate planning service which includes:
- help with planning and reviewing a Will
- making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- optimising lifetime transfers between family members
- transferring agricultural or business property
- transferring assets into trust
- arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential inheritance tax liabilities.
We can also advise you on trust matters, including the tax advantages and how they can be used to shelter family wealth for future generations.